We take a down-to-earth approach and see every relationship as a partnership. That means that we succeed only when you succeed.
Our team is knowledgeable, community oriented, and approachable. We bring web page design often reserved for five or six-figure budgets to growing businesses and nonprofits.
Understanding your customers is what we do best.
At Engenius, we put ourselves in the shoes of your customer. We focus on the end user to learn what they value most. Then, we measure results and adjust our tactics to ensure they find what they need.
Co-founder & CEO
Jobs @ Engenius
Position Title: Account ExecutiveStatus: Full-Time
Location: Greenville, SC
Position Posted: March 10, 2017
Who We Are
Founded in 2008, Engenius is a Greenville-based digital marketing agency specializing in using digital campaigns to lead to strong results that drive revenue and sales. We believe that all marketing campaigns should measure return on investment and that an agency should be invested in long-term measurable results for its clients. We utilize websites, search optimization, ads, and content in a coordinated way to accomplish these goals.
Engenius strives to be a market leader in the rapidly evolving digital marketing sector. We believe in constant learning, problem solving, and peer education. It is that desire to learn that enables us to educate our clients and the community; we believe that an educated marketplace is a better marketplace.
Bringing success to our clients is paramount – though equally as important is the healthy of our culture and our commitment to making our community a better place. Our values guide us to do great work and also have a team-based culture. Our flagship Engenius Grants program is just one of the ways we build-up our community, which extends to paid time for volunteering and team-wide volunteer experiences.
Whom We Seek
The Account Executive will be an enthusiastic, ambitious, self-starter who embraces the vision and core values of Engenius through daily interactions with clients and team members. This person will use their knowledge of client management and their affinity for relationship-building to meet the evolving demands of Engenius’ top-tier clients. In addition to generating creative and sustainable systems for managing a large book of clients, this person will have the ability to work independently, think quickly to resolve issues, and see new initiatives through to completion. The Account Executive will manage client files and contact information using our existing CRM software and work with a support ticketing system to properly direct clients’ technical requests.
Success in this role includes a thorough understanding of the agency’s services and clearly communicating to clients how these services add value to their business. Client retention, client satisfaction, and growth of client accounts will be the primary metrics by which this person’s performance is measured. The position will report to Rachel Testa, Director of Accounts.
A Typical Week in This Role
An ordinary week in this role might include some of these activities:
- Reviewing campaign progress with a client to analyze digital marketing ROI and the client’s strategic business objectives.
- Scoping out a potential digital marketing campaign alongside a content strategist.
- Contributing memes and sharing new music via the Engenius team Slack channel.
- Updating the Accounts team weekly on client’s statuses and needs.
- Racing to answer the weekly trivia in the Monday morning staff meeting.
- Sending an interesting article to a client that answers a specific question they’ve had recently.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years marketing agency or customer service experience
- Account management experience preferred
- Strong references from previous employers
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Networking experience
- Experience with Google Apps
- A team-focused mindset
- Strong listening skills
- HubSpot CRM experience a plus
Engenius offers competitive benefits, including health care coverage and vacation leave. A full benefits package will be reviewed during the interview process, though we are happy to provide more information upon request.
Our interview process is extensive, typically involving up to four discussions with members of our team. We believe it is important to thoroughly evaluate a candidate’s skills and fit with our culture, as well as allow plenty of opportunities for a candidate to evaluate our culture and expectations. This process moves quickly, though is important to ensure mutual fit.
To apply, please visit the below link to answer a few preliminary questions and provide a cover letter and your resume, which are required to apply for this role. When writing your cover letter, please write it specifically for this position at our company. Use it to tell us why your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position. Also tell us why you would be the best person to join our team. We look forward to getting to know you.
Current Opening: InternshipsWe are now accepting applicants for Fall 2017 / Spring 2018 interns who are eager to learn about life in a digital marketing agency. Think less coffee-fetching and more immersing yourself into the daily rhythm of a creative business.We’re laser-focused on helping our clients see results while maintaining a vibrant work culture based on five core values. To hang with us, you’ll need to be hungry to learn, detail-oriented, and internet savvy. Our most successful interns have been willing to ask questions and think creatively. We appreciate interns that are eager to try their hand at whatever is thrown at them – even if it’s new territory. We also laugh a lot, so you’ll need to be good at laughing.Here’s a quick look into a few of the things you’d be doing as an Engenius intern:
- Assisting our Accounts Team: Our marketing and accounts team is responsible for building new relationships with potential clients and nurturing those relationships long after we complete a client’s project. You might be asked to assist with a discovery meeting, help qualify a lead, brainstorm a scope of work, or proofread a proposal. Great communication skills and a mind for finding creative solutions are must-haves.
- Assisting our Production Team: Our production team creates the strategy, content, design and user experience that goes into each project. Helping with this team may look like writing blog posts, creating a social media strategy, building a WordPress website, or designing an infographic. You’ll need to be a quick learner, familiar with computers and basic software, and visually-minded.
- Assisting our Support Team: The online world is constantly evolving, so we provide ongoing maintenance and support to our clients to help make sure things stay in tip-top shape and can be fixed if something gets wonky. A day with support would consist of communicating with clients who submit support tickets and addressing problems with an attention to detail and careful testing. Bonus points if you have experience working in WordPress!
- Assisting with Administration: You’ll play the starring role in the Engenius first impression – greeting guests and answering the phones. You’ll see what it takes to keep a small business organized behind the scenes (it’s never boring!) If you love thinking ahead and identifying problems before they arise, you’ll love this opportunity to serve the entire team by helping keep our office running smoothly.
We’re looking for someone who can spend at least 20 hours per week with us during our business hours of Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm. This is a paid position, and we’re typically able to accommodate school schedules and any evaluations that your curriculum may require if you’re still in school.