For decades, Greenville Technical College has focused on empowering individuals and changing lives in our Greenville community by reducing financial barriers to higher education. In the past eight years alone, the nonprofit Greenville Tech Foundation has raised over $25 million in cash, pledges, gifts-in-kind, and planned giving to support both Greenville Technical College and its students.
”Every person we worked with was always prompt to answer questions or provide guidance. We are beyond excited to have our new website to create awareness of our work and support our growing fundraising goals. The website has really set a high bar for the rest of our marketing and communications efforts and I think it will enable us to better connect with individuals and businesses in our community to serve more Greenville Technical College students!Jaclyn CoboscoDevelopment Officer
- Effectively communicate Greenville Tech Foundation’s mission, vision, and purpose to all of its audiences
- Be easily navigable by all of Greenville Tech Foundation’s primary audiences, which include students/scholarship seekers, donors, and sponsors, so that users can quickly and easily find the information they are seeking
- Be easy for the Greenville Tech Foundation team to update going forward — including a robust events section to showcase many of the giving events the Foundation champions.
- With several distinct audiences, content strategy was of utmost importance for the success and longevity of Greenville Tech’s web design strategy. The main navigation needed to appeal to students seeking scholarship assistance, donors seeking an easy and streamlined way to give, and key sponsors wanting to understand the impact of the Foundation in the community (and on the local workforce). To that end, each section of the main navigation bar has an appeal to those interested parties, funneling them in a clear and easy-to-use way to the information they are seeking.
- The home page clearly defines each audience while displaying relevant, and visually impressive, statistics that show how Greenville Tech is impacting students, the workforce, and more.
- The new site exhibits a modernized look and feel while capitalizing on the fantastic photo and video assets provided by the college. A large video displaying students hard at work fills the home screen while pictures of students in a variety of educational environments display the impact supporting the Foundation can have.
- To further champion the critical work the Foundation does for the college, key statistics are paired with visual cues to highlight both the personal and real impact of the organization while showing donors and sponsors exactly who they are supporting: students changing their lives via higher education. Further design choices like icons, gradients, and the careful integration of Greenville Tech’s purple and green color scheme tie the modern feel together into one cohesive whole.
- After the website was launched, Engenius hosted a training session for the Greenville Tech Foundation team and provided a recording of the training along with a PDF manual with further instructions.
- While the old Greenville Tech Foundation site was built on an older, outdated platform, their new WordPress website is simple to update and the team is able to make changes quickly and easily. Support tickets to the Engenius team can be submitted for assistance on any needs, and Engenius provides regular maintenance on the back end of the site.
- The new Greenville Tech Foundation website is easy to navigate, easy to keep up to date, and ready to scale as the college and this Foundation continue to grow into the future.