We all intuitively understand the importance of mobile devices to the modern consumer—except when it comes to the B2B buying process.
It may be tougher to peel back the layers, but research shows that the B2B prospect will rely on their mobile device throughout every step of the buying process.
When a solid, mobile-optimized website becomes a helpful asset to a lead, your sales team can shift their primary focus from selling to closing.
- As of 2017, 71% of online time is spent on mobile. (Smart Insights)
- 71% of B2B researchers start their research with a generic search. (Google, 2015)
- “According to CWS, businesses that do not provide a solid mobile experience encounter…a drop in organic ranking, a loss in mobile site traffic, and an increase in bounce rate.” (Search Engine Land)
- “The average customer checks 10.4 pieces of content according to Google’s Zero Moment of Truth research, before the point when the prospect first discovers your content online.” Marketing Sherpa
- 72% of marketers say relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic. (Ascend2, 2015)
- “B2B customers are 65-90% of the way through the purchase decision process before they contact your firm! The B2B purchase decision process is a journey that can vary based on business, key decision makers and influencers, both internal and external.” (Heidi Cohen)
- “49% of B2B researchers who use their mobile devices for product research do so while at work. (Google, 2015)
- “Over two-thirds of buyers wait longer to initiate contact with vendors than they did two years ago because they are doing more research themselves.” (KoMarketing)
- “A new decision-maker enters the fray in the last 5 – 10% of the buying experience. Often times, this person needs to be engaged, educated and sold from scratch.” (TOPO)